- 2 heads of fennel, separated into bulbs and stalks
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 5oz arugula
- 6oz blackberries, halved
- 6oz raspberries, whole
Remove and discard the fronds (silky bits) from the fennel stalks and slice thinly on a diagonal.
Cut both of the fennel bulbs in half lengthwise and slice thinly, working from the end down to the root - creating little half moons of fennel.
Discard the root ends.
Mix the fennel with the arugula, berries, and shallot then set aside in the refrigerator.
MEYER LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 3⁄4 cup meyer lemon juice (from about 4 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup Flamingo Estate extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Flamingo Estate
- Honey (I like the Super Flora)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Salt & black pepper to taste
In a blender, add the lemon juice, honey, and dijon mustard.
Turn the blender on to its lowest speed and drizzle in the olive oil slowly.
Once it’s all been added, turn the blender up to high for about
15-20 seconds to incorporate everything fully.
Season with salt and fresh black pepper until it tastes good to you.
Sprinkle the salad with a pinch of salt and toss.
Add a couple of tablespoons of the vinaigrette at a time and toss gently - tasting along the way - until the salad is dressed to the way you like.
Transfer to a salad bowl and serve.