Serves 6 to 8
Although we don't have apricots in this CSA box, bake it for someone you love if you can find some:
- 3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (120g) quick-cooking polenta
- 1/3 cup (75g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons (140g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 pounds (680g) apricots, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 1/2 pounds (680g) sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup (65g) granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Creme fraiche, for serving
StepsPreheat oven to 375 F.
In a medium bowl mix, flour, polenta, light brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Incorporate the butter into the mixture with your fingers until it resembles a coarse meal. Then stir in the egg until well combined
Toss together apricots, cherries, lemon zest and juice, granulated sugar and cornstarch, in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
Scatter the crumble topping over the fruit
Bake for about 35 minutes until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
Cool slightly and serve with a dollop of creme fraiche!