- 1 bulb fennel, with fronds
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 bunch baby turnips (1-2 if large)
- 3 small heads lettuce, washed and leaves separated
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Thinly slice the fennel, radish and turnips on a mandolin and place in a bowl filled with ice water for 15 minutes.
Drain and place on paper towels to dry.
Place walnuts in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add red wine vinegar, mustard, honey, shallot, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Pulse until the mixture is combined but still has texture from the walnuts.
Place the lettuce and shaved vegetables into a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and gently toss.
Add vinaigrette and again gently toss until all greens and vegetables are coated.