- 1 pound fingerling or other small potatoes
- 1 bunch agretti, leaves picked (removing them the same way your would rosemary from its stem)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 2 teaspoons coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place potatoes in a medium sauce-pot and cover with water and ¼ cup salt. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
Cook potatoes until tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain potatoes.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a pre-heated cast iron skillet over high heat. Once the oil beings to smoke and the agretti and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until the agretti begins to char but is still crisp. Remove from the pan, season with salt and set aside.
In the same pan, heat 4 tablespoons olive oil.
Add the potatoes and cook, tossing every 2 minutes until they begin to brown on some sides.
Add all spices and toss the potatoes to coat, cooking for 1-2 minutes until the spices become fragrant.
Add the agretti and toss. Season with salt, if needed.