Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- Ingredients: 2 Packs - Orso Fresh Tagliatelle (or 8oz boxed pasta)
- 2 Links - Field Roast Fennel Sausage (about 6oz), crumbled or pulsed in a food processor
- 2 Heirloom Tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 Large Zucchini, roughly chopped 3 Cloves Garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 Shallot, diced 1 Meyer Lemon, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup Flamingo Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil ¼ cup Dry White Wine
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
Salt a large pot of pasta water like the ocean and bring to a boil.
Pour 3 Tbs of the olive oil into a large saucepan over high heat. Heat the oil until its shimmering… we want it to be really hot. Add the fennel sausage and zucchini and season with a pinch of salt. Spread in an even layer, tossing occasionally until browned all over. A little char here is encouraged. We want to bring out some of the smoky grilled flavors of summer. About 3-5 minutes.
Once browned, turn your heat down to medium and add the rest of the olive oil with the onions, garlic, and tomatoes. Season again gently with salt to encourage the onions and garlic to sweat. Stir frequently for another 5 minutes, or until the onions are no longer soft.
Turn the heat down to medium low and add the white wine. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes until all of the alcohol is cooked out and the sauce has reduced to become thick and glossy.
Add the pasta to the water and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking. If using fresh pasta, this will only take about 2 minutes. Transfer your pasta to the sauce with a splash of pasta water. Toss and mix together until everything is rich and creamy.
Add a squeeze or two of lemon wedge to the pasta, and finish with salt, olive oil, and some fresh black pepper until it tastes perfect to you.