By Chef Ella Freyinger
- 3 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges or chunks
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar (or sub red wine vinegar)
- Flake salt
- 2 tablespoons za’atar – optional
- Using your hand, tear the mozzarella into chunks; I prefer the beautiful nooks and crannies it creates for the olive oil to pool.
- Layer the tomatoes, mozzarella and basil on a platter.
- Seaon with flake salt and za’atar (if you are using).
- Drizzle with the vinegar and then olive oil.
- Garnish with additional basil leaves. With our Tomato & Basil Box.
- Enjoy! Tag our Chef @chefellafreyinger in your creations!