By Chef Ella Freyinger
- 6 medium heirloom tomatoes
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for roasting
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare the tomatoes; cut the top 1/2” off the tomato and set aside. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and core. Place the tomatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil, onion and garlic. Sauté until translucent. Add tomato paste and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the tomato paste begins to caramelize.
- Add 1/4 cup water to deglaze, scraping all the golems bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the rice and basil, stir to combine and cook another 2 minutes.
- Using a spoon, evenly divide the rice mixture among the tomatoes. Top with goat cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the reserved tomato tops.
Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
Tag our Chef @chefellafreyinger in your creations!