By Chef Ella Freylinger
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 large egg
- 2 scallions
- 1/3 cup AP flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place the grated zucchini in a strainer and squeeze out as much
of the liquid as possible.
- In a medium bowl place the egg and whisk. Add the scallions and zucchini.
- Next, add the dry ingredients and fold together using a spatula until little dry spots remain.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/3 cup olive oil and heat until the oil beings to ripple.
- Add 1⁄4 cup of the batter per fritter, arranging about 6 in the pan at a time. Making sure there is enough space to turn them.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate.
- Continue with the remaining batter.
- Serve with green goddess dressing.