By Chef Ella Freyinger
- 6 cups cake, crumbled
- 6 cups stone fruit, cut into 1⁄2” pieces
- 8 oz heavy cream, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, chilled
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 recipe seed brittle
- Place the heavy cream in a chilled metal bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, whip on high until soft peaks form.
- Add the sour cream and honey. Whip until you have achieved stiff peaks.
- In a large glass serving bowl or trifle dish begin to layer the trifle.
- Starting with 1/3 of the cake, next 1/3 of the whipped cream followed by 1/3 of the stone fruit then 1/3 of the seed brittle.
- Repeat the process until you have used all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.