By Chef Ella Freyinger
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 large egg
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup AP flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Crème fraîche
- 1. Place the grated zucchini in a strainer and squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible. Whisk egg in a medium bowl, then add zucchini and scallions.
- 2. Next, add the dry ingredients and fold together using a spatula until little dry spots remain. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- 3. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/3 cup olive oil and heat until the oil begins to ripple. Add 1⁄4 cup of the batter per latke, arranging about 6 in the pan at a time, making sure there is enough space to turn them.
- 4. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate. Continue with the remaining batter.
- 5. Serve with a dollop of crème fraîche and caviar on each.
- From Chef Ella @chefellafreyinger